You can reserve a transfer to Star City Hotel at a reasonable price. for up to 4 persons, we can reserve a taxi for you which has a fixed price. If you’d like to organize transfer for a larger group, please contact us for a good rate. Order here
You can also reach the hotel by public transportation: you have to take bus 200 from the airport until Kobanya-Kispest. Then you should take Metro 3 to Deak Square, where you can change to Metro 2 to Keleti railway station. Then you are really close – check the Location section of our website for more information.
2.Is Star City Hotel really near the city center? What sites are in the area?
Star City Hotel is 10 minutes from the city center by public transportation – Metro Nr 2, or Trolley Bus Nr 74, 73, 79. There are a lot of sites iwithin walking distance: City Park with Heroes Square, the museum of Fine Arts, the Art Gallery, Szecheny Thermal Baths, The Synagogue, Zoo and Amusement Park. There are also a lot of restaurants and shops – ask our receptionist for help!
If you would like to be sure that we have the room you desire, it's better to reserve - please contact us at uh.letohrats@ofni
4. How can I reserve a room in your hotel?
You can book your room at prices and reservation. You can also check the availability and our special deals here!
About Star City Hotel***
Yes, at Star City Hotel Budapest all prices include breakfast, which is served between 7-10 am every day. It is a delicious, rich buffet breakfast , and we highly recommend it as a pleasant start to your busy day in Budapest!
6. What time can I check in and check out?
You can check in any time you wish, but we usually clean the vacated rooms by 2 pm – in the meantime you can leave your luggage in our luggage room. Check out time is at 10 am in the morning. If you would like to check out later, please let us know one day before. You can also use the luggage room if your plane/ train is leaving later.
7. Can I buy a map of Budapest at the reception?
We give you one for FREE!
8. Does the hotel have a common room? What can we do there?
Our lobby area is a relaxing place after a busy day in the city – with a bar that's open 24 hours a day. We also have FREE Wireless Internet Connection in this area – you can use this with your laptop, palmtop. We also have an Internet Terminal - which you can use to check your flight details, events, arrange your next accommodation, or just surf the internet for a small amount of money. We also have a satellite TV here with many international channels.
9. Is the hotel open 24 hours?
Yes, we have multilingual staff at the reception 24 hours a day. You can come and go at any time.
10. Is smoking permitted in the hotel?
The hotel’s main building and the rooms are strictly non-smoking, for safety reasons. We do have a terrace which is open in the daytime, where you can smoke and sit down for a moment.
11. Should I bring a hairdryer and iron with me?
We do have hairdryers, and an iron and ironing board at the reception, which you can use for free.
12. Can you recommend sightseeing tours and programs at the reception?
Yes! We can wholly reccomend our partner service, "See Budapest" guided tours. Please check out their website: www.seebudapest.hu . If you would prefer some other type of excursion, we have a lot of other options too – you can book them, pay for them, and recieve the tickets immediately at the reception of Star City Hotel!
13. What is a Budapest Card and what kind of discounts are available for a Budapest card holder?
Budapest Card is a City card offering discounts for 48 or 72 hours. Here below you can find the most important discounts:
- unlimited free travel on public transport
- free or discounted entry to 60 museums and to several sights
- sightseeing tours for half price
- reduced tickets for cultural and folklore programmes
- discounts in restaurants and spas
- discount for car rental, sports facilities and in many other places
- travel accident insurance
It costs 6450 HUF – 26 EURO - for 48 hours, and 7950 HUF – 32 EURO for 72 hours for one adult and a child under 12.
14. Is it safe to use taxis in the city?
Ask our receptionist to book a taxi for you. ITake care in the city – always catch a taxi with a company name and logo printed on the car!! These will have taxi meters and reasonable prices!
15. What is the weather like in Budapest, Hungary? Hungary has so-called "continental weather" similar to the west of central Europe, with generally long dry summers and short, snowy winters